- Count of all incorrect selections (errors)
- Count and location of incorrect menu choices
- Count and location of incorrect buttons selected
- Count of errors of omission
- Count and location of visits to online help
- Number and percentage of tasks completed incorrectly
I hope you can see how to turn this into a pick list. You can just check these items off or number them if people do more than one of the errors. For my note taking forms, I added a choice for “Other” in case something happened that I hadn’t anticipated. This is from a different study, but you get the idea: This is what your notes end up looking like. Even if you’re not doing statistical analyses, it’s easy to hold up these pages together across participants to see how many had problems and how severe the problems were.